Powder brows are a cosmetic semi permanent makeup technique designed to create eyebrows with soft powder effect, very similar to powder makeup. Powder effect is done with a shading technique using a permanent makeup device, which is similar to a tattoo gun.
Originally developed in Asia, this technique has dramatically improved over recent years and gives great depth & definition to the eyebrows. It is particularly recommended for women with oily skin or combination skin or anyone who fills in their brows regularly with pencil or shadow.
Powder Brows is also commonly referred to as “Ombre Brows”
What’s the difference between Powder brows vs. Microblading?
The biggest difference between the two semi-permanent eyebrow styling techniques is how the pigment is deposited into the skin. Microblading uses a handheld tool to carve small cuts into the skin, whereas Ombre brows are done using a machine. The powder technique is a bit less invasive than that of microblading.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do powder brows hurt? Pain threshold levels vary from person to person. Your artist will use a safe topical anesthetic cream to ensure you remain comfortable & as pain-free as possible.
- How long do powder brows last? Powder brows can last anywhere from two to five years. The retention will depend on a number of factors, such as lifestyle, skin type, sun exposure, health condition, etc.
- Powder brows – $499 (Procedure time is 2 hours)
- 4-6 week touch up – $175 (Procedure time is 2 hours)
- 6-11 month touch up– $175
- 12-18 month touch up – $250