In order to get the best results it is required that you follow appropriate pre-care and post-care instructions.
Restrictions Prior to ANY Appointment
Do not schedule your procedure within one week prior to a water vacation.
Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine 1 day before procedure. This will minimize oozing, bleeding, or swelling.
Medications such as; Coumadin, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Niacin, fish oil, or Vitamin E. Should be stopped 3 days prior to procedure.*Please consult with your physician before stopping any prescribed medical treatments.
Retinol/Retin-A – discontinue 7 days prior to procedure. (Causes skin to bleed)
Injections– ( Botox, Radiesse, JuvaDerm, Voluma, etc.) must be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after procedure.
Chemical peels/laser treatments- should not be done within 60 days before or after procedure.
Sunburned/Suntanned skin- is essentially damaged skin which can cause excessive bleeding. It is not ideal skin to be worked on. When possible Do not expose your skin to the sun for 30 days prior to procedure
- If you have an ideal shape and color in mind, bring in a few reference photos with you to your appointment. If you are unsure please look up some ideas.
- You may wear your brows how you usually do to your appointment to give the artist a better idea of what you would desire for your new brows.
- No Tweezing/Do not dye eyebrows one week before procedure
- Please be aware we will have to remove your concealer or foundation to properly see your undertones to get the correct color match.
- Do not wear contact lenses during or immediately after your procedure. Remember to bring glasses with you to your appointment if needed. Resume wear of contacts after eyes are fully healed. (Result of not following this can cause infection)
- Latisse- use should be discontinued at least 3 months prior to an eyeliner procedure (this will cause inflammation, excess bleeding, and will prevent the eyeliner from healing well)
- Do not use growth stimulants one week prior or after procedure
- Lash extensions MUST be removed completely before procedure. We cannot perform the procedure with false lashes as this poses a danger to your eyes during the procedure.
- If you have a history of cold sores, fever blisters, or herpes simplex, you MUST contact your physician to obtain and take the proper prescribed medication to prevent outbreaks at least 4 days before and after the procedure.
- 2 days prior-
Don’t consume alcohol at least 48 hours prior to procedure. Alcohol is a blood thinner, this means you will bleed more. Avoid OTC medication if possible, such as aspirin or ibuprofen(NSAIDS) as these also thin the blood. *Please speak with your physician prior to stopping any and all medications taken on a regular basis.
Tea, Coffee, and Energy drinks should also be avoided as they also act as blood thinners.
- The night before-
Get a good night’s rest. Make sure you are properly hydrated at least 1 day prior to procedure to allow your skin to best accept the pigment. Exfoliate scalp to remove any dead skin cells.
- The day of-
Have a hearty balanced breakfast on the day of your procedure to build stamina and make sure your comfortable throughout. Wash your head since it will be a while before you can wash after the procedure. Don’t exercise or use oily or waxy products on your head. The excess oils will prevent the pigment from retaining.
As healing occurs please be prepared for the color intensity of your procedure to be significantly larger, sharper, brighter, or darker than what is expected in the final outcome. This is a normal result of the application and healing process. As the results fade up to 40% during healing.
Do not scrub or pick at treated area. Scabbing and flaking may occur during healing. This is completely normal picking or scrubbing however can cause damage including, scarring or pigment to not hold well in the skin.
No Tweezing/Do not dye eyebrows one week after procedure
Avoid steam rooms, saunas, hot yoga, swimming pool, etc. for one week following your procedure
Avoid working out or sweating for 1 week post procedure. Sweat will prevent the pigment from healing into the skin.
Do not expose your skin to the sun for 30 days post procedure. (This can be avoided by staying out of the sun, wearing a hat, etc.)
Do not apply anything to the treated area that wasn’t given to you by your specific artist. (Your artist will give you specific instructions for aftercare following your procedure)
Failure to follow Pre/Post instructions may result in unnecessary issues and/or loss or discoloration of pigment.